“When I was told by a social worker in the Foster Care system that he had no other choice than to drop kids aging out of the system at the homeless shelter, I was angry. That anger quickly turned to heartbreak and a resolve that this would not continue—not on my watch!”
– Steve Stone, Founder, Milestone Ranch
THE MILESTONE RANCH PHILOSOPHY
At Milestone Ranch We Believe:
- Circumstances do not dictate success.
- Life should be an adventure filled with expectancy and hope.
- Every child has an intrinsic, God-breathed identity to discover.
- “Training up a child in the way they should go” looks different for each person.
- Relationship and responsibility work hand in hand for positive outcomes.
- Boundaries and rules are healthy and protect us from poor choices.
- Transitions don’t have to be traumatic. The “next” thing can be the “best” thing.
- We are all called to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Discovering our purpose actually propels us to act and make a difference for those in our midst.
Responsibility Gives Life Purpose
Opportunity is often disguised in the mundane. At Milestone Ranch, daily life is the teacher and our residents will become self-sufficient by learning to:
- Raise beef and chickens
- Farm and garden
- Complete daily chores
- Cook and clean
- Laundry and clothing care
- Hunt, fish, ride, operate machinery and much more!
- Identifying and embracing constructive core beliefs and a Christian worldview.
- Budgeting, money management and understanding personal finances.
- Setting and reaching short and long-term goals.
- Personal care and positive decision-making.
- Dealing with setbacks and celebrating achievements.
- Solidifying study skills for those wishing to attend college or enter the military.
- Applying for college, scholarships and walking out the admissions process.
- Driving, getting a license and purchasing / maintaining a car.
- Work ethic, applying for and keeping a job.
- Preparing for and getting accepted into the United States military.